Saturday, August 29, 2015

Another couple of dates

I went on a couple of dates this week. Still thinking about that Toronto guy, something attracted me to him: his goofiness, his aloof behavior, his ability to make snide and quirky remarks. He's coming back on the 3rd and I'm waiting for something to happen. Although, my expectations may be futile, it's nice to have a little hope.

Date #1 this week was a physician assistant from PA. He seemed so nice, we instantly hit it off with a good conversation flowing until we made it to my favorite Italian place on McDougal St. Then, our conversation started to wind down bit by bit until I just wanted to get out of there. He told me he'd recently come out and I understood that I do not want to deal with his issue of sexual identity. No, thank you. I'm not going to be your therapist or your good friend. I want someone who's romantically interested in me.

Date#2 It's a perfect conversation. We talk about our families. He smiles and looks me in the eyes. We have direct eye contact throughout most of the conversation. He seems very genuine and interested. He has a nice job, he's been in NYC for 5 years and seems to love it. He has his own place and everything about him seems to scream "check, check, check!" I don't feel there's any physical attraction. I don't want to kiss him, I don't want to give him any physical touch. Is that bad? That's the first honest and free flowing conversation I've had in a long time. Yet, I don't want this guy.

Am I still getting over my break-up? Am I bringing my emotional baggage into the picture? Am I ready to date? One of my best friends recommends I take a break and start working on myself and start doing something I actually love. Time to think and maybe, indeed, take a break from the dating scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment