Monday, August 24, 2015

Two Dates and Radio Silence

So, it's been two dates so far. On our first date, we went to a nice whiskey bar I suggested. We ordered drinks and talked non-stop for almost 2.5 hours. I closed the date with a kiss and a 40-minute bus ride, simply because I did not want to take the subway with him.

There was a nice three-day pause before our second date. We met for a coffee on the UES and made our way to Central Park. There, lying on the lawn, we watched the sky and talked about our mothers. That was a very romantic touch and I totally owe it to him since he was the one who suggested it.

Him: What do you want to do next?
Me: I don't know. What about you?
Him: I don't know.
Me: Well, isn't that a good answer? (I laugh).

I invite him to a film festival in Brooklyn. We take the train, talk and laugh. The festival was amazing and we had drinks afterward. Looking at each other in a state of confused shyness. There were long pauses, yet dextrously interrupted by his goofy comments that made me sincerely laugh. On the train home, we shared funny pics on our iPhones and short laughs. I kissed him goodnight and asked him when he was coming back from Canada. I sent him a funny video the next morning I'd promised to send earlier. No reply. He's going to be gone for a week. I like him, however, I'm too scared to like someone these days when people's intentions are so unpredictable. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment