Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stop texting me, freak!

It's October already and I haven't properly reported on the recent gems I've stumbled upon in the online dating world.

Let's start with an obnoxious Mr. Jackpot. His texts sounded like he was interviewing me for an executive corporate position. Eventually, it led to asking "how can you afford living by yourself and traveling the world working part-time?" which lead me to telling him to stop financially profiling me and consequently blocking his sorry ass from ever texting/calling me again. Bye, freak!

Number two was christened Mr. Nurse. Some pretty self-loathing dude from Alabama who was on rotation in the-middle-of-no-where town in Arizona who came off as a pretty chill guy with little to somewhat insight into being nice and not overly awkward. Unfortunately, things started to unravel into the darker side pretty fast. Firstly, he asked if I had any friends he could fuck. Secondly, he started pixting me with his half-butt-naked photos: such a turn-on! Seriously? Where did all the romance and ingenuity go? To spice up the picture, he's still in AZ and I'm not sure if he's ever coming back to SF or even he actually lives here. Such a troll. Mr. Nurse, I'm sorry, but you are disposed of in a hazardous materials bin.

Number three and... Yes, I got drunk on a date but that was my only way out! A guy with a Ph.D. in Romance languages. Mr. Portuñol. Sounds promising, right? He kept me at bay for a couple of weeks or so before we could actually meet in person. I picked a great spot by Lake Merritt and we had decided on having Irish coffee prior to the date. I was enthused... not for long. After exhausting all possible things to talk about starting from his work to what kind of horror movies he liked, I was done. Literally, there was no initiative and no more than one-worded responses from him to my desperate attempts to burn up the conversation. I kept on drinking till I was ready to be carried out of the bar.

Finally, number four is Mr. Theater We have a date set up for tomorrow and I'm quite excited about that one. Not a lot of pre-date texting which is a good sign. He was initiative enough to suggest a few good spots to meet up in downtown SF, so I'm thinking there's definitely something to look forward to. Although, rescheduling two times in a row? Well, third time's the charm! Or, I'm simply being naïve.

No comments:

Post a Comment